BuildNZ rescheduled to November 2020

0
397

XPO, New Zealand’s largest exhibitions organiser, has had to rapidly adjust to the inconvenience caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Literally hours before BuildNZ, Facilities Integrate and The National Safety Show was due to open on August 12, the news came from the Prime Minister that Level 3 lockdown was once again invoked.

Aptly named the Mega Show, the biggest trade show in New Zealand was unable to proceed as the venue was closed once again.

With many of the elaborate stands that had been erected at the ASB Showgrounds in Auckland remaining intact, XPO has worked with the support of all of their exhibitors, 40+ seminar speakers and registered visitors to postpone the event to November 25-26. 

Back in August, more than 180 exhibiting companies in the Mega Show had made the final touches on their design and build stands in what was to be the first trade show to recommence after the country’s first lockdown.

XPO’s AV contractor had successfully tested a broadcast to Los Angeles, with world-renowned architect Doris Sung, and everything was set for more than 40 live industry experts and panels speakers across the coming two-day event.

Meanwhile, team XPO was live with a huge media campaign for the show across radio, billboards, newspapers, leading trade magazines such as Building Today, and more.

The campaign had already delivered a record 6800+ pre-show registrations. As one of the select few organisers invited by the Major Events division of MBIE and The Ministry of Health to help create the new Voluntary Events Code, the Covid app signage was in effect.

Additionally, XPO added to the mix wider aisles for social distancing, face masks freely available on request, plentiful hand sanitiser stations, signage and a rigorous surface cleaning regime.

“Trade shows like this are absolutely essential to rebuilding each sector, and the construction, design, facilities and safety industries are no different,” XPO managing director Brent Spillane says.

“There continues to be record demand to visit BuildNZ, Facilities Integrate & The National Safety Show, and to network, learn, research and purchase the very latest technology on offer once it is deemed safe again to resume events.

“Exhibitor support for the new rescheduled dates has been brilliant, with an impressive 93% already on board, and additional new exhibitors coming online each week.

“We are striving to provide a safe environment and meaningful experience for our visitors and exhibitors. The sooner we can do so in professionally-controlled environment, the sooner we can deliver a much-needed boost to trade and the economy,” Spillane says.

To enquire about exhibiting at BuildNZ, Facilities Integrate or The National Safety Show on November 25-26, 2020, contact Emma Nightingale at emma@xpo.co.nz or Jason Rampersaud at jason@xpo.co.nz.

To register to attend for free, visit www.megaevent.co.nz.